Gislaved is a brand you can trust for tyre excellence in challenging all-year weather conditions based on Nordic competence and experience in Nordic weather conditions.
Our Swedish heritage and extensive background developing tyres for the most demanding driving conditions meet the highest Scandinavian, European and international quality standards.
As part of the global Continental AG, Gislaved has access to a truly global network of resources, expertise and technology allowing us to continually improve, refine and innovate our tyre range.
Our tyres develop as the wheels of progress turn
Gislaved at a glimpse
- the Gislow brothers founded the company - named after their Swedish village - in 1893
- they champion an innovative spirit and outstanding quality built on Nordic character and expertise
- the first Swedish tyres roll-off production line in 1905
- the first Volvos are produced – equipped with our tyres
- major milestone – millionth tyre produced in 1949
- by 1970 main export markets include Scandinavia, Japan, and North America
- Gislaved joins Continental AG – the global tyre leader
Why are Gislaved tyres the right choice for you?
With so many tyres to choose from, where do you start? There are so many technologies, patterns, and compounds, let’s face it: most people simply want the best solution for their driving needs. Especially when the buying decision is time crucial and usually coupled with – the seasonal change of your summer or winter tyres. You just want the right tyres at the right price-point so you can enjoy safe driving.
You can be confident of Gislaved tyres, whatever the season. Our expertise is founded on our Scandinavian heritage and technological know-how as a brand to trust come rain or shine, ice or snow. And that’s never been so important as in today’s changeable climatic conditions – with unseasonal weather and extremes becoming the norm.
Vehicles, routes and destination are as unique as drivers. And that’s why you will find exactly what you need at Gislaved – whatever the season, whatever your needs. Check out our tyre range to choose the best-fit for you.
Tech & innovation
We are continually researching, developing and launching new tyres that incorporate the latest technological advances in material science and safety. That’s why you can be confident Gislaved tyres will give your vehicle the very highest protection against the most demanding Nordic-type road conditions. Our continual improvement process (CIP) ensures that we are consistently delivering more refined and enhanced products – enriched by the global know-how of the Continental Group.
You expect tyre durability, optimal performance, and a fair price bearig in mind cost isn’t only off-the-shelf, but also how often tyres need to be replaced. Gislaved tyres are thoroughly tested in Nordic conditions to increase strength and tread wear. The longer your tyres last, the less often they need to be replaced – saving you money and hassle. Which sounds good, right?
Gislaved tyres have been developed to achieve the optimal balance between engineering, appearance and performance. Our continual improvement process ensures that the tyres incorporate the latest Nordic know-how and expertise while fully reflecting your highest requirements. Peerless optimised performance is matched by outstanding design. Every groove purposely-positioned. Every compound finely-tuned. A perfect symbiosis of function and design that ensures your new tyres will keep you safe and look great too.
Gislaved tyres. Designed for Nordic conditions. Your Nordic master.
We want to keep you safe on the road in all seasons. And that’s why we’re constantly improving our products to increase your driving pleasure and safety.
We stand by three core values that define our focus and set us apart from competitors.
Delivering quality tyres you can rely on - that’s Gislaved’s Nordic DNA. It’s what we do. You’re not just buying four tyres. You’re trusting us to get you where you want to go, whatever the weather - extreme heat and cold, heavy downpours, ice, sleet or snow. And that inspires our production team to leverage Gislaved’s Nordic expertise and technological prowess to ensure your perfect grip and safe driving.
Let’s face it: tyres just aren’t very interesting for most people. Yet taking the time to choose the right tyres could save your life. And here at Gislaved, we take that responsibility very seriously. With our extensive experience of developing summer and winter tyres to handle the most challenging driving conditions, we have extensive know-how of stud technology, anti-aquaplaning measures, and optimal grip. Our reputation is built on combining our Nordic heritage with cutting-edge advanced in materials and compound design. Nothing fancy or fashionable – just down-to-earth basics that you can trust.
We know what we’re doing. So you know exactly what you’re getting. Drawing on our extensive Nordic experience and leveraging the latest technology gives Gislaved a deep knowledge base - which ensures quality today and innovation tomorrow. Gislaved tyres allows you to enjoy optimal all-year driving safety with the driving experience you crave. It’s fine-tuning that very balance between safety, performance and comfort that drives our team forward every day to develop ever-better products and enhancements. Our passion is your complete satisfaction with the driving experience – whatever the weather.
- The Gislaved brand is shaped by its Nordic heritage - a distinctly Scandinavian landscape of extreme weather across all four seasons.
- Such an environment – with heavy snow falls, freezing temperatures, icy conditions, and sudden downpours – demands an innovative and intuitive approach.
- From that self-reliant problem-solving mindset, expertise develops. Nordic conditions demand Nordic-style thinking and Nordic-quality solutions.
- Over a century ago the young Gislow brothers - Carl and Wilheim – faced a problem: how to travel the Nordic roads whatever the season?
- Their solution was to develop an optimised rubber compound and advantageous tyre profiles to ensure safe driving and smooth performance.
- Which represented the starting point for our journey.
- To put it simply: you can trust Gislaved tyres because they’ve been developed on the reliable pillars of Nordic expertise, extensive experience, and cutting-edge technology.